The Pre-Kinder program provides a gentle transition into school life and a preparation for Kindergarten, thus increasing the chances that your child will have a positive start at school. Pre-Kinder operates during school terms on a Thursday and Friday, between the hours of 9:10am and 3:05pm. Your child must be old enough to commence Kindergarten the following year to be eligible to attend Pre-Kinder.
The program is led by an experienced teacher and the children are involved in readiness skills to prepare them for Kindergarten. The children attend classes alongside the mainstream primary classes and participate in a buddy program with our upper primary students. The bond that develops between the Pre-Kinder child and their older mentor is an integral part of their transition process. The benefits of Pre-Kinder include:
- Your child enjoys a gentle transition into the education process.
- It increases your child’s ability to achieve success in Kindergarten.
- Your child will develop relationships with his or her peers, ‘buddies’ and teachers.
- Your child will gain knowledge of the layout and the routines of the school, so that Kindergarten does not become a frightening prospect for them.
- Potential cost savings, as the Pre-Kinder fees are generally significantly lower than other services available.
- It introduces your children to Christian values at an earlier stage in their education.
The Pre-Kinder Program covers:
- Introduction to Literacy
- Introduction to Mathematics – numbers, patterns, sorting, days of the week, months of the year, etc.
- Gross motor skills development, e.g. ball skills
- Fine motor skills development, e.g. writing, arts and craft
- News time
- ‘Buddies’ – this is a great opportunity for your child to make connections and friendships with older students in the school.